The 10 commandments for Reducing Stress:
1. Thou shalt not be perfect or even try to be
2. Thou shalt not try to be all things to all people
3. Thou shalt sometimes leave things undone that ought to be done
4. Thou shalt not spread thyself to thinly
5. Thou shalt learn to say no
6. Thou shalt schedule time for thyself and for thy supportive network
7. Thou shalt switch off and do nothing regularly
8. Thou shalt be boring, untidy, inelegant and unattractive at times
9. Thou shalt not even feel guilty
10. Especially, though shalt is not thine own worst enemy, but thine own best friend
These are all excellent tips to help remind us that life is too complicated, full and ridiculous at times. We must learn to let go of some things in order to get other things done, but still take care of ourselves and be healthy. Couldn’t have said it better myself..well, I would have put in the bit that exercise is a proven stress reducer, too.
Here’s to a stress-free, fun-filled, energetic and playful rest of your summer!
PS- I’m an expert at 3 (more like too distracted), love to indulge in 6, need to work on 10 and resonate with number 8 from time to time. How about you?